Trotter's Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Googledocs Galore!"

Recently, one of my English 9 classes (out of two) completed a "student centered" project addressing several short stories that we read for class. The students created a googledoc to manage their ideas and decide upon what they should investigate with the short stories that addressed more than plot summary. Powerpoint, photostory, collages, boardgames, and wikis are the mediums desired by students for the project.

This sixth hour class decided to create boardgames that address a host of ideas and issues. It was very difficult for me to, as Clint Hurdle states, "Get out of the way." But, I felt like I was able to do so. For me, the final product netted mixed reviews. Individual, group, and teacher evaluations are still out; however, they will provide insight and feedback that will help me make sense of this "student centered" experiment. Hopefully, quality synthesis and inquiry will abound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home